Re: Dark energy/matter

At 17:27 -0500 08/06/2003, Jack Uretsky wrote:

the "God particle" for the
Higgs has my vote for the worst attempt of the century, but Leon has a
peculiar sense of humor

Leon spoke at our school last May and after his talk the question of
the God Particle came up. He denied it being his idea, saying that he
had a different title in mind for the book (he said what the title
was, but I don't remember). He told us that the publisher didn't like
his title and his editor at the publishing house suggested the God
Particle as being more sexy and possibly leading to better sales.
Given that I cannot recall Leon's original name for the book, but
everybody remembers the God Particle, even if they haven't read it,
the publisher might well have been right.

Hugh
--

Hugh Haskell
<mailto://haskell@ncssm.edu>