Re: Request for TA Training Material

In his PhysLrnR post of 5 Aug 2003 00:48:28-0400 titled "Request for
TA Training Material," Robert Martin asked:

". . . where [can] I get some samples of TA training manuals for physics TA's?"

Len Jossem's (2000) classic "The education of physics graduate
assistants," is not a "training manual" but may be of value.

Consistent with Len's title, I think physics departments should
strive to EDUCATE, not train, TA's.

24245 Hatteras Street, Woodland Hills, CA 91367
<rrhake@earthlink.net>
<http://www.physics.indiana.edu/~hake>
<http://www.physics.indiana.edu/~sdi>