Re: Dark energy/matter

On 08/06/2003 09:43 AM, Michael N. Monce wrote:
What puzzles me is the what I perceive (maybe out of ignorance) as
lack of lot of theorists rushing to work on this.

What kind of "lack" are we talking about?
I get 870 hits on "dark matter" in the
2002/2003 timeframe at
http://arxiv.org/multi

I did say I may have missed things due to ignorance. I also found
many articles with many proposed models at the above site. None of which
were very enlightening.

What I am hoping for is someone with some expertise in high
energy/astro to fill me in on the most promising models as to what dark
matter ( I saw some suggestions of cold neutrinos) and dark energy are.
For dark energy I saw several papers proposing this or that scaler field,
etc. I need someone to explain it terms an experimentalist can
understand :) i.e. a 'Physics Today' type summary.

Mike Monce
Connecticut College