Re: will solar sailing work?

"Hmmm.. but doesn't it follow we then have a red shift mechanism that
is not distance/recession related?
(I am quite out of touch with current cosmology.)

Brian Whatcott"

Mmmm, very interesting.

OTTOMH (off the top ...): the amount of red shift from this mechanism would also be distance (linearly? *) related, and add to the expansion of matter.

* photon collision with receding matter results in a greater red shift and with approaching a blue?

bc who must ask his cosmologist friends.

p.s. A recent colloquium at UCSC discussed the radiometer. The speaker described his "real" ones. The vacuum necessary was surprisingly poor (vac-ion pump attainable). He also spent some time discussing the mechanism of the wrong way one. (Is this deja Vu time?)