Re: Season misconceptions in newspaper

I have an interesting tag that I stole from a lamp in a store. It
claims that an expensive lamp which uses a 60 W halogen bulb is more
efficient and saves money over a conventional 60 W bulb. I compared the
rated lumens and wattage with a conventional light bulb and found they
were comparable. Hmmm I have asked students whether the claim was
true.

Of course, if the halogen bulb costs 3x as much, but lasts 10x longer, then
it DOES save money!

Timothy Folkerts

nothing." - Edmund Burke