Re: Time dilation and constriction in special relativity

--- Stephen Speicher <sjs@COMPBIO.CALTECH.EDU> wrote:
On Sat, 7 Jun 2003, Pentcho Valev wrote:

I am going to analyse the situation in which, in the
transformation

t' = px + qt,

the coefficient p is different from zero. This assumption leads
to such
a chaos in the time variation between the two inertial systems
that the
argument leading to this chaos amounts to redictio ad absurdum.
Therefore p = 0 is the only reasonable solution to the problem.

Several people went to the trouble of identifying the error in
your previous formulation, and you have yet to either refute
their argument or acknowledge the error you made. That being the
case, why do you forge ahead with a new formulation, one which,
ubdoubtedly, repeats a similar form of error as in the prior one?

This is not the case. In my previous postings, I tried to show that
the term px is a "foreign body", called it ILLEGAL etc. However my
arguments were perhaps not very convincing. I hope my last argument
is convincing.

Pentcho