Re: physics final project

My suggestion is not novel but I believe that it is much more effective
than any of those that others may mention. It not only
covers the all of a semester's main concepts in one meaningful,
tied-together multiple-part theme, but it is highly motivating as well.
Please don't laugh or think that my suggestion is insincere but
I am sure that it will work and meet all of your expectations
in full. My idea is to give the students a three-hour final exam.

Herb Gottlieb from New York City
(Where our true and tried techniques are called "novel" now)

A four hour exam for a 10th grade "Physics Phirst" class? Do you want them
to hate the subject or enjoy it and want to study furthur? They don't give
4 hour exams in college. Why not help them see how physics is a part of
everyday life. I like the idea of helping future students. A project that
could be put on display that would capture the attention of younger students
would be perfect. I'm sorry I don't have an idea to offer, but I think it
would be a shame to just give a killer test at the end of their first
experience with physics and have them all hate you and the subject.

I'm sure others would dissagree, but that's my opinion. J. Green