Re: physics final project

At 01:27 PM 6/8/2003 -0400, you wrote:
I'm a 10th grade conceptual physics teacher ("Physics First") -- new =
to the group. I'm curious if anyone has any ideas/suggestions for a =
culminating or final project in physics that somehow involves say all=
of a semester's main concepts in one meaningful, tied-together, mult=
iple part, theme?

For example, a project that includes concepts of heat, heat transfer,=
waves & vibrations, sound, light, and electricity & magnetism.

Any suggestions?=20

thanks,

mfoster

Hmm...the only thing that comes to mind as a project that touches on these is
let's call it, a liquid color analyzer:
thee leds, sequentially pulsed, or an incandescent lamp with a three filter
color wheel that passes a color sequence beam through a cell containing
a test liquid.

A microphone and sensitive amplifier is connected to the cell wall, and
the amplitude of the sound pulse responding to each color pulse is some
measure of the liquid's properties. These components could probably
all be sourced from a RadioShack - style supplier.

Brian Whatcott Altus OK