Fwd: AAPT Update 2003 Number 6

AAPT Update 2003 Number 6

This news summary is a service to our members and is from the Executive
Office of the American Association of Physics Teachers, College Park,
Maryland.

JUNE 8 EARLY-BIRD REGISTRATION DEADLINE FOR 127th AAPT NATIONAL MEETING

Save money! The "early-bird" pre-registration deadline for the 127th
AAPT
National Meeting, August 2-6, 2003, in Madison, WI is right around the
corner. To register, please go to http://www.aapt.org/Events/127th.cfm.

AOL Link:
Early-Bird Registration Deadline</a>

JUNE 30 DEADLINE FOR INTRODUCTORY CALCULUS BASED PHYSICS CONFERENCE

For information about registration and on-line hotel reservation for the
September 19-21, 2003 Introductory Calculus-Based Physics Course
Conference, please go to http://www.aapt.org/events/calconf.cfm.

AOL Link:
Based Physics Conference </a>

JULY 15 LAST DAY TO SUBMIT POSTER & CONTRIBUTED POST DEADLINE ABSTRACTS

Don't miss the deadline to submit posters and contributed post deadline
abstracts for the 127th National Meeting in Madison, WI. For more
information, go to http://www.aapt.org/Events/abstractForm.cfm.

AOL Link:
Abstract Submission </a>

SPOUSES' REGISTRATION AT THE MADISON, WI MEETING

We have created on our website the Spouses/Guests Locator List, enabling
spouses and guests to know, ahead of time, who is planning to attend a
meeting. If you are interested in using this service for the upcoming
meeting in Madison, WI, please go to
http://www.aapt.org/Events/Spouse.cfm and complete the online form.

AOL Link:
Spouses Meeting Registration</a>

ITINERARY SCHEDULER FOR THE 127TH AAPT NATIONAL MEETING

As a service to our members and others interested in attending the 127th
AAPT National Meeting August 2-6, 2003 in Madison, WI, you can plan your
entire schedule by going to http://www.aapt.org/scheduler/127th/.

This easy to use planner allows you to arrange in advance your meeting
schedule by specific day.

AOL Link:
Itinerary Scheduler</a>

2003 U.S. PHYSICS TEAM

The five traveling team representatives for the 2003 U.S. Physics Team
have been announced, and are on our web page. Also, check out how they
and
the other members of the 2003 U.S. Physics Team spent their
action-packed
week in the Washington, DC area. Go to http://www.aapt.org/olympiad2003/
to learn more.

AOL Link:
2003 U.S. Physics Team</a>

SPANISH TRANSLATION OF STRING AND STICKY TAPE

AAPT, the American Physical Society, and the National Science Foundation
have collaborated to produce a Spanish translation of the very popular
book String and Sticky Tape by Ron Edge. To receive a copy (one per
teacher), please contact Jocelyn Johnson at jjohnson@aps.org. School
districts may order in quantity.

The AAPT Updates are archived on the AAPT web site
at <http://www.aapt.org/aboutaapt/updates.cfm>

AOL Link:
Archives</a>

The American Association of Physics Teachers
One Physics Ellipse
College Park, MD 20740-3845

E-mail: aapt-exec@aapt.org
http://www.aapt.org/
AOL Link:

http://www.psrc-online.org/
AOL Link:

Dan MacIsaac, Assistant Professor of Physics, SUNY-Buffalo State College
222SCIE BSC, 1300 Elmwood Ave , Buffalo NY 14222 USA 716-878-3802
<macisadl@buffalostate.edu> <http://PhysicsEd.BuffaloState.edu>