Re: Test question, normal assumptions

On Wed, 04 Jun 2003 09:38:44 -0500 Rodney Dunning <rdunning@BSC.EDU>
writes:
Herb,

How many pans are deep enough to allow complete submergence of a
plastic cup?

All of the pans in my kitchen at home are deep enough. I assume
that many such pans are generally available in the rest of the country
also.

Herb

Herbert H Gottlieb wrote:

*** But another "normal assumption" would be that the added
weight of the second block would cause the cup to sink
below the surface. Try again??

Herb Gottlieb from New York City
(Where our "normal assumptions" are not always normal)

--
Rodney Dunning
Birmingham-Southern College