Re: Test question

On the test question and water level...a bit of diversion: I saw a very
nice demo recently. Balance a cup of water (a beaker or clear plastic
cup is best) on a Harvard balance. I believe that is the name given to
balances with two pans. Place a finger into the cup of water "pushing
it down." The pan goes down (and the water level goes up). Many
students guess wrong on this one and it is a very visual way of dealing
with the test question.

Glenn Malin
University HS
Irvine CA