Re: Experimental verification of the relativity theory

On Tue, 29 Apr 2003, Pentcho Valev wrote:

John Mallinckrodt wrote:

It is the spectacular agreement of the many seemingly bizarre
predictions of this theory with every experiment that has been
performed that give us such enormous confidence in the primary
postulate.

Here I am really incompetent - I don't know of those spectacular
agreements -

I'm coming in late on this discussion because I've had to deal with the
usual end-of-semester activities (I turned in my final grades this
morning, hurrah!). In case nobody else has mentioned this yet, here's a
useful summary of the experimental situation with respect to special
relativity, part of the Usenet Physics FAQ:

<http://math.ucr.edu/home/baez/physics/Relativity/SR/experiments.html>

--
Jon Bell <jbell@presby.edu> Presbyterian College