hydrinos

Randell Mills claims that the “ground state” of hydrogen (ionization
energy 13.6 eV) is not the lowest possible energy state of the atom?
How can it be that such thing was never discovered by spectroscopists?
Hydrogen atoms below the ground state were named hydrinos. Mills
justifies their existence on theoretical grounds. A short summary of
his work can be found at:

http://www.blacklightpower.com/theory.shtml

The underlined title is actually a link to his March 3, 2003 conference
presentation. I clicked on it and an impressive 1.2 Mb file (157 slides)
appeared on my desktop. Unfortunately, I am not very familiar with most
of what he refers to. Are Mills’ theoretical claims valid or are they used
to impress those of us whose familiarity with modern theories are very
limited? I saw a mixture of familiar concepts and concepts too advanced
for me. Do Mills’ equations justify existence of hydrinos? Are his
arguments real or are they only a camuflage for nonsense?
Ludwik Kowalski