Re: moisture factoid, was Re: Organ Pipes

If we suppose that c is proportional to rho ^-0.5
then rho for air is abt 1.3 and for water vapor about 0.8
hence c water v. is 8/13 ^-0.5 = 1.27 of c air
(and E is unchanged)

Using this very rough and ready estimate leads to
a 1% or so estimated increase in c for a 5% moisture
contribution.

Brian Whatcott Altus OK