Re: Yea, right.

Hi,
Many years ago i read an article in Popular
Science or Popular Mechanics by one the their
editors. He had heard rumors of super carbs for
years and thought there probably was some truth in
them based on the smoke indicates fire thinking.
One year, he spent a great deal of time chasing
these rumors. They all started with "My friend
knows someone involved in the original
development, . . ." He found the friend, but it
was his friend who knew someone. After repeatedly
tracking down a friend of a friend of a friend of
a friend . . . . of a friend, the editor finally
concluded that there probably was nothing to the
rumors.

Thanks
Roger Haar

Pete Lohstreter wrote:

Forum for Physics Educators <PHYS-L@lists.nau.edu> writes:
I doubt if, even at 100% thermodynamic efficiency, the energy content
would be sufficient.

What say you?

OIL INDUSTRY SUPPRESSED PLANS FOR 200-MPG CAR By

SIMON DE BRUXELLES, TIMES, UK - The original blueprints for a device
that could have revolutionized the motor car have been discovered in the

Hummmm. I'll wager that the date it was printed in the Times (4-1-03) has
a lot to do with the voracity of the story. ;-)

Pete Lohstreter "Happy is he who gets to know
The Hockaday School the reasons for things. "
11600 Welch Rd Virgil (70-19 BCE) Roman poet.
Dallas, TX 75229

214-360-6389

plohstreter@mail.hockaday.org

See what our students are doing......