The world as a photon

A couple of questions came up in conversation with another teacher
regarding relativity and QM, neither of which I am very conversant with.
One question was, what does the world look like from the frame of a
photon ? I assume for a photon, that since it travels at c, it's
interval is always zero, so the photon can get anywhere in zero time
relativistically. If true, what does that mean? The second question
stems from the first. In relativity I recall transforming from one
frame of reference to another, and requiring that the results be
symmetric, i.e. no preferred reference frame. If one of those frames is
the frame of a photon, is this still true? Inquiring minds need to know!
James Mackey