Re: CCD question

Also the Super Circuits catalog has a half page CCD tech. note and a
useful two page glossary. http://www.supercircuits.com/STORE/home.asp
(to order your free copy)

They sell a very sensitive CCD ( $130 PC-164C 0.0003 lux) shown also in
the Feb. Sky and Tele. More useful is their PC23C, because it is easily
modified to disable its AGC and auto shutter speed.

http://www.eaglequest.com/~pgoelz/shutter.html

http://www.fortunecity.com/victorian/canterbury/222/equipment.htm

http://users.gcol.net/~cbapja/cba/downlds/PC23Cmod4.PDF

Some of this has been (previously) posted.

bc

Peter Schoch wrote:

Hi,

I have several amateur astonomers in my Physics II class this semester
who are using CCD's for imaging. Now that we are doing circuits, etc.
they want a more detailed description of how they work.

What I've found thus far is either over-simplified, or way too complex
(giving solid state QM formuli -- nice for me, bad for them). Does
anyone have a good reference they could suggest that is at the freshman
physics level?

Thanks,
Peter Schoch
Sussex County Community College