Re: CCD question

Is this site at the right level?

a telescope for visual and ccd astrophotography use

http://www.astronomydaily.com/atm/splitring.asp

At 10:47 AM 3/3/2003 -0500, you wrote:
Hi,

I have several amateur astonomers in my Physics II class this semester
who are using CCD's for imaging. Now that we are doing circuits, etc.
they want a more detailed description of how they work.

What I've found thus far is either over-simplified, or way too complex
(giving solid state QM formuli -- nice for me, bad for them). Does
anyone have a good reference they could suggest that is at the freshman
physics level?

Thanks,
Peter Schoch
Sussex County Community College

Patricia T. Viele, Physics & Astronomy Librarian
Edna McConnell Clark Physical Sciences Library
Clark Hall
Cornell University
Ithaca, NY 14853-2501
Voice: 607-255-4016