Re: Physics First - PART 1

If the test is good, I see nothing wrong with "teaching to the test".

bc

Rick Tarara wrote:

Why do I not find it very surprising that an instructional program that is
_designed_ to get good scores on the FCI, that has been developed with
considerable input (I think) from the creators of the FCI, which has as one
of it's major assessment tools the FCI (a fact known by all the
instructors), ends up getting good scores on the FCI, especially in
comparison to techniques that don't have the same focus. I am underwhelmed!
;-)

Rick

Richard W. Tarara
Professor of Physics
Saint Mary's College
Notre Dame, Indiana
rtarara@saintmarys.edu
Free Physics Educational Software (Win & Mac)
NEW: Friction lab simulation.