Good popular books for 6-10 grade

Hi,

Our regional science fair is coming up in about 3 weeks. The
physics department typically gives out monetary prizes for the the top
couple high school and middle school entries. We'd like to include a fun
or interesting book that is level-appropriate as well. Does anyone have
suggestions for popular books that kids in the 6-10th grade bracket might
find enjoyable?

Thanks!
Mark

Mark Lucas email: lucasm@ohiou.edu
252D Clippinger Lab phone: (740)597-2984
Department of Physics and Astronomy fax: (740)593-0433
Ohio University
Athens, OH 45701