Re: Capacitor energy experiment

I got into this thread kinda late, I guess. Do I understand that two identical capacitors are supposed to have the same potential difference across them while having different charges? Since the charge on the plates is the source of the electric field between them, how is this possible?
skip

-----Original Message-----
From: Rick Tarara [mailto:rtarara@SAINTMARYS.EDU]
Sent: Thursday, February 13, 2003 09:52
To: PHYS-L@lists.nau.edu
Subject: Re: Capacitor energy experiment

These changes would change the capacitance--C =
(permittivity)x(Area)/(separation). I think the original question stands if
the capacitance of each capacitor is fixed at 1 F, regardless of the
construction of the capacitor.

Rick

Richard W. Tarara
Professor of Physics
Saint Mary's College
Notre Dame, Indiana
rtarara@saintmarys.edu
Free Physics Educational Software (Win & Mac)