Re: CR-39

Wait a min. I'm interested also!

I've noticed that plastic scintillators glow blue under solar
irradiation (I presume from the UV). Bottle safety seals and some other
misc. plastic do also. I've been collecting such plastic to melt down
and test with a MPT. Anyone know if this plastic will scintillate?

bc who's curious about LK's apparatus and saves dead kinescopes for the
phosphor to use as Alpha scintillator.

Ludwik Kowalski wrote:

I would appreciate if somebody with experience in
using CR-39 (or lexan), to detect alpha particles,
could contact me in private. I tried to use these
detectors today but was not successful.
Ludwik Kowalski