All Voltage differences are Electrostatic?

As we try to make the transition in class from electrostatics to
'circuits', I try to emphasize that the 1.5 volt potential difference
across the terminals of a 'battery' is EXACTLY the same (except for
magnitude) as the voltage difference that shocks us on cold winter
days, shuffling across the carpet and touching the doorknob.

It occurred to me that ALL voltage (electrical potential) differences
are associated with charge separation - unequal densities of + and -
charges at separated locations. The charges MIGHT not actually be
static but the E field and voltage is the same as if they WERE
static. (Whatever 'static' might mean at room temperature.)

Of course this wouldn't apply in the least to EMF's.

I don my nomex suit and ask this august assemblage for comment on
this 'truism'.