From: Forum for Physics Educators [mailto:PHYS-L@lists.nau.edu]On Behalf
Of John Barrer
Sent: Thursday, February 06, 2003 11:58 AM
To: PHYS-L@lists.nau.edu
Subject: Re: 'Global warming is great,'

I assume (hope?) these comments are largely tongue in
cheek. It is well to remember that rising sea levels
may be the least of the effects. We are at the top of
a rather complex web of life with many
interdependencies. If warming ocean temperatures
and/or changing salinities were to radically alter the
populations of plankton, your Manitoba beachfront
property would be small consolation. Over half the
Earth's oxygen is produced by marine phytoplankton.
John Barrere

--- Vern Lindberg <vwlsps@RITVAX.ISC.RIT.EDU> wrote:
On Thursday, February 6, 2003, at 09:20 AM, Daryl L.