Re: Capacitor energy experiment

Ludwik Kowalski wrote:

My description of the experiment with the air capacitor
was not complete. There should be an electronic switch
so that charging is done in a different loop that discharging.
The electronic switch would perform the same function as
a mechanical switch but much more rapidly, for example,
every 0.1 ms. Then the calorimeter would measure the
"amount of heat" generated in N discharges, each
delivering only 0.5*C*V^2 of thermal energy.

The point of my experiment is to show that for Ec ~ 0, that is for the
energy Ec << 1/2 CV^2 dissipated while charging the capacitor, the
thermal energy dissipated while discharging the capacitor will be Ed ~
CV^2. For Ec = 0, I predict that you would get Ed = CV^2, not 1/2
CV^2, as predicted conventionally, therefore the energy stored on the
capacitor after charging and before discharging would be CV^2, not 1/2
CV^2, as predicted conventionally. That would disprove one of the most
basic laws of physics - the energy of a distribution of charges.

Unless I'm mistaken, the experiment you're describing is old hat.
There's nothing new to be discovered doing the experiment your way. If
I'm incorrect in assuming that your way is the same old thing, please
explain to me why it's not.

--
Dave Rutherford
"New Transformation Equations and the Electric Field Four-vector"

Applications:
"4/3 Problem Resolution"
http://www.softcom.net/users/der555/elecmass.pdf
"Action-reaction Paradox Resolution"
http://www.softcom.net/users/der555/actreact.pdf
"Energy Density Correction"
http://www.softcom.net/users/der555/enerdens.pdf
"Proposed Quantum Mechanical Connection"
http://www.softcom.net/users/der555/quantum.pdf