Re: politeness etc.

--- "John S. Denker" <jsd@MONMOUTH.COM> wrote in part:
Indeed I'm going to suggest that in most cases,
there is not a tradeoff but the opposite of a
tradeoff, i.e. a synergy, between politeness and
clarity. Both clarity and genuine politeness
come from thinking extra-hard about how the other
person will perceive what you're writing.

All true, but none of us have an infinite amount of
time to make sure we're being sufficiently polite. As
long as all posters consciously avoid purposeful
personal attacks(which I believe to be the case), I
don't think anyone should take offense. John Barrere