Re: Venus?

Herb wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: Herbert H Gottlieb [mailto:herbgottlieb@JUNO.COM]
*** But the same side of Venus always faces the SUN
as it rotates and revolves about the SUN. It's the SUN
and not the EARTH as you have apparently erred above.

Not so. Venus' sidereal orbital period is 224.7 days, its (retrograde) sidereal rotation period is 243 days.

BTW - Its synodic period is 583 days, so I don't see how it shows the same face to Earth at inferior conjunction, either.

"I have a dog that's half pit bull, half poodle.
not much of a guard dog,
but a vicious gossip."
--Craig Shoemaker
George Spagna