Re: student debates on pseudoscience

On Mon, 23 Dec 2002 16:17:37 -0500 Larry Cartwright
<exit60@CABLESPEED.COM> writes:
Ben Crowell wrote:

I'm teaching a conceptual physics course at a
community college, and would like to have my students
debate each other on issues related to pseudoscience.

When you have time, I would be interested in hearing your reason(s)
for wanting to do this project. Given all the good physics concepts
they could be exploring, why use precious classtime to explore
not-physics?

Larry Cartwright <exit60@cablespeed.com>

I agree 100% with Larry. Is there any opposition out there???

Herb Gottlieb from New York City
(Where our struggling physics students need the time to learn Physics
and our really good students need even more time for learning Physics.)