Re: unexpected obstacles

I would like to begin by thanking everyone who has shared their
experiences in this area. Until now, I thought I was in a unique
situation. A parent has expressed "deep concern" that I have the temerity
to ask questions on a test that are not identical to those in the homework
or examples done in class. It is "unreasonable" of me to expect their
child to be able to do a problem they have not seen before. A biology
teacher here was asked to provide a "study guide" by a parent. The guide
was to include only those vocabulary words which will be on the test as
the girl should not have to "waste her time" learning things that will not
be on the test. Fortunatly, one of our adminstrators is an ex science
teacher and so far the administration has backed us.