From: Robert Cohen [mailto:Robert.Cohen@PO-BOX.ESU.EDU]
Sent: Friday, December 13, 2002 8:48 AM
To: PHYS-L@lists.nau.edu
Subject: Re: centrifugal force (cont)

My brother and I are on a rotating platform (like the kind at
playgrounds). While it is spinning, I push my brother off by
exerting a force on him directed away from the center. Is
this a real centrifugal force?

Robert Cohen; rcohen@po-box.esu.edu; 570-422-3428;
http://www.esu.edu/~bbq
Physics, East Stroudsburg Univ., E. Stroudsburg, PA 18301