Re: Speed Of Light Slowing Down.

>Why would E=mc^2 be "under challenge" if c were changing?

The theory from which it is derived is completely based on the
idea that c is not changing. If the hypotheses of a theory are
not satisfied we can have no confidence in the decuctions from
that theory.

I dunno, David, when I used to visit Al at Princeton, he seemed to be
saying that he just assumed that c didn't change -- no substantial reason
-- that it didn't matter anyway -- and that he just assumed that nothing
could go faster than something -- he took that to be light. But he never
did come to any conclusion re just what "light" is -- He always thought
that it was a joke that he got the Prize for the idea of a "photon."

Or something like that.

Jim

Jim Green
mailto:JMGreen@sisna.com