Re: heat, centrifugal force, etc.

Bob Sciamanda wrote:

When I teach Newtonian mechanics, I preach the Newtonian Force concept: a
frame invariant interaction between objects. I therefore speak only of
centrifugal *effects* ( and Coriolis *effects*), never of
centrifugal/Coriolis *forces*.

Do you also (in the name of consistency) forbid speaking of
gravitational forces?

From a modern-physics point of view, gravity and centrifugity
are profoundly analogous.

http://www.monmouth.com/~jsd/how/htm/motion.html#sec-centrifuge

(I suppose you could arbitrarily choose a viewpoint that
includes gravity while excluding centrifugity, but that
would be pure arbitrariness, not physics. Don't be
surprised if other folks choose differently.)