Re: PDF files

On Wednesday, Dec 11, 2002, John S. Denker wrote:

... If you're going to OCR it, printing and scanning is
silly. Use Ghostscript or the like to render the
PDF directly into .tiff or some other standard open
bitmap format that you can feed to the OCR engine...

I do not know what Ghostscript is. Can somebody
suggest a Mac program which turns a pdf file into
something that can be open in Omni Page? It can
be useful sometimes. Meanwhile using the text tool
in Acrobat Reader, and pasting in another document
was sufficient for what I wanted. Thanks for sharing.
Ludwik Kowalski