Re: Meauring Volts?

However mass is but one measurable quantity of the sugar at hand
or needed for cooking, volume is another, weight another. One could argue
that these are properties of the object, the lump or pile of sugar, which
is where I found my quandary to start.

Well, Ken, we have convincingly demonstrated here that language is a
fumbling point. But aren't "mass" and "color" and "momentum" and "entropy"
and "energy" properties of a system? If physicists could agree on
anything, maybe it could be the word to use in this
case.: Property? Characteristic? I would agree to any word as long as it
doesn't imply substance or flowability. <g>

Jim

Jim Green
mailto:JMGreen@sisna.com
http://users.sisna.com/jmgreen