Re: Meauring Volts?

Many students will say they are going to measure the grams of the sugar
when they should be saying they are measuring the mass. (Actually they say
they are weighing it but that is another story.) A precision of language
should aid in the precision of thought.

True enough Ken, but remember that this list massacres many other
terms. It would seem that we have learned one set of terms in out youth
from the likes of Bill Nye the Science Guy and then don't want to admit
error thus we do weird linguistic gymnastics to justify our old usage
instead of saying oops.

Jim Green
mailto:JMGreen@sisna.com
http://users.sisna.com/jmgreen