Re: Meauring Volts?

On Fri, 06 Dec 2002 22:56:57 -0800 Bernard Cleyet <anngeorg@PACBELL.NET>
writes:
Herb!
You're just modest, they consulted you, did they not?

Bernard!
It is partially true that I'm just modest ....... but it is ABSOLUTELY
FALSE to say that Prentics Hall consulted me in the preparation any
portion of their Webster's Collegate Dictionary.

The only consultation that I provided for Prentice Hall took place two or
three months ago. I contributed some interesting and novel lab
exercises to be included in one of their new pre-college science books.
Although my work was approved by them, it took about a whole week to
conceive, write, and rewrite and rewrite several times to their
specifications (including artwork sketches), they paid me a total of
$40 ..... which is about a dollar an hour before taxes.

I sincerely hope that others who provide consultation for Prentice-Hall,
and whose work is approved by them, will be offered a more substantial
sum for their time and effort.

Herb Gottlieb from New York City
Herbert H Gottlieb wrote (in response to a comment that we coin the
word
"potentiometer" as an instrument to measure electric potentials).

*** Again, according to my Prentice-Hall Webster's Dictionary...

"po-ten-ti-om-e-ter an instrument for measuring comparing, or
controlling, electric potentials."

...so whether or not it is good, it is already in the dictionary.

Herb Gottlieb from New York City
(Where we can see Englewood Cliffs, the home of Prentice Hall
dictionaries, across the Hudson River)