Re: hydraulic jack

In the one or two that I have examined, the ram structure
was as Mike described it; containing a central column.

Brian W

At 05:00 PM 12/5/02, you wrote:
Edmiston, Mike asks:

> If you disassemble the jack and determine it really is as simple as
> you imagine, then I am baffled. But I suspect you might find more
> "structure" inside that you think.

Yes, we suspect the structure is more complicated than it looks but
I have been unable to track down a schematic of an actual hydraulic
jack (and we can't take this jack apart - it belongs to the brother
of this student). Has anyone done this sort of thing and can
provide the details for us?

Robert Cohen

Brian Whatcott
Altus OK Eureka!