Re: cavendish expt

I wrote:

1) I can't imagine a case where splitting something
gives it more stiffness.

Bob LaMontagne wrote:

I'm not sure this is self evident in all cases (although it seems to
be for
the fiber being considered). The first thing that comes to mind is
cutting a
spring in half - the stiffness increases!

Please read what I wrote in context.
I was talking about splitting the fiber or tape lengthwise.
This cannot increase the stiffness.
I stipulated, twice, the assumption that the length in
the Z direction was being held constant.