Re: essential properties

Bob Sciamanda wrote:

I fail to appreciate the superficial vs accidental properties distinction.

I hope that meant to say "essential" vs "superficial and
accidental" properties.

To see the distinction, try this: Define "car" in terms
of the essential properties. Then decide, is an SUV a
car? If not, why not? Is a PT Cruiser a car? If not,
why not? (Note that Chrysler swears it's not.) Is a
non-street-legal kiddie-kart or dragster a car?

This posting is the position of the writer, not that of Ford, GM, or
Chrysler.