Re: dropped slinky

Reminds one of Zeno's paradoxes?

bc

Brian Whatcott wrote:

At 04:37 PM 11/22/02, Timothy Folkarts, you wrote:
OK,

I admit my first reaction was wrong. The top does accelerate down quickly.

cut

An infinite acceleration, extending over an infinitesimal
change of position, possibly?
How does one assign a value for the acceleration
experienced when any particle at rest, begins to move?
The change of velocity is discontinuous, is it not?

Brian Whatcott
Altus OK Eureka!