Re: Speed of the shock wave?

On Wed, 20 Nov 2002 11:01:27 -0500 "John S. Denker" <jsd@MONMOUTH.COM>
writes:
Herbert H Gottlieb wrote:

both being transmitted via ground and air
with only a fraction of a second delay to the hiker
..... at a distance of only a mile, the B OOM
from the explosion only takes about 0.2 second to reach the
hiker.>

Really? Where's that coming from?
The actual value in air is closer to
c = 1 mile per 5 seconds.

Thanks for correction by reciprocating with my reciprocal .
Of course...you are correct.... I'm wrong.

Thanks, John!

Herb Gottlieb from New York City
Where we are grudgingly happy to reciprocate in such embarassing
instances.