Re: Socratic Method

Please excuse the cross-post to discussion lists with archives at:

Phys-L <http://lists.nau.edu/archives/phys-l.html>,

PhysLrnR <http://listserv.boisestate.edu/archives/physlrnr.html>,

AP-Physics
<http://lyris.collegeboard.com/cgi-bin/lyris.pl?site=collegeboard&enter=ap-physics>.

In my Phys-L/PhysLrnR/Physhare/AP-Physics post of 14 Nov 2002
14:32:54-0800 titled "Re: Socratic Method," I wrote:

"I agree with John . . .(Texas John Clement). . . that SDI (Socratic
Dialogue Inducing) labs have proven to be very effective. However I
totally disagree that 'they may seem intimidating for an initial jump
into novel pedagogy.' "

In support of my contention that SDI labs are NOT intimidating to
teachers, the non-intimidated high-school teacher Simon Butterworth