Re: Socratic Method

AU: Julian,-Glenn-M.
TI: Socratic Dialogue--With How Many?
PY: 1995
SO: Physics-Teacher; v33 n6 p338-39 Sep 1995
AB: Describes methods for engaging a large number of students
simultaneously in Socratic dialogue. (JRH)

3 AN: EJ509103
AU: Morse,-Robert-A.
TI: The Classic Method of Mrs. Socrates.
PY: 1994
SO: Physics-Teacher; v32 n5 p276-77 May 1994
AB: Questions whether the Socratic method is an effective teaching
method. Presents a more effective questioning strategy
using a dialog as an example. (MVL)
TI: Socratic Pedagogy in the Introductory Physics Laboratory.
PY: 1992
SO: Physics-Teacher; v30 n9 p546-52 Dec 1992
AB: Describes Socratic Dialogue Inducing (SDI) laboratory methods and
procedures developed to increase conceptual
understanding in introductory physics laboratories. Gives an example of
a typical beginning SDI lab manual section and a
representative Socratic dialogue. Describes several examples of
laboratory experiments developed for the SDI method. (