Re: School Board

This may be a case of a "little knowledge is a bad thing," but that has
never stopped my before.

There was an interesting small article in this morning's Sioux Falls Argus
Leader newspaper. I have already forgotten many of the details, since it
was several hours ago that I read it. My memory half-life is getting
shorter and shorter.

The thrust of the article was that college admissions councilors (in New
York, or New England, or ???) were being asked to overlook the physics score
in some college admissions exam.

It seems that the test scorers had tried to weight more heavily those
physics questions that were seen as harder or more advanced.

We certainly would not want to ask hard questions and perhaps deflate the
students' egos.