Reference frame of photon?

Hello,

I have a question about special relativity. My student asked me about time in photon's reference frame. He said to have read that time does not pass at all in this frame. I replied that I am not sure if it is valid to speak about reference frame of a photon in special relativity at all.
I promised to find a more definite answer. Any suggestions?

Regards,

Antti Savinainen
Kuopio Lyseo High School
<http://kotisivu.mtv3.fi/oma/physics/>