Re: Work and Energy

From: "Carl E. Mungan" <mungan@USNA.EDU>

"Matter and Interactions" (Wiley, 2000) by Chabay and Sherwood
"Physics: A Contemporary Perspective" (Addison-Wesley, 1997) by Knight

Yes I agree, good books. But rather unconventional. Too
unconventional in fact for most departmental committees. Which is why
they're not adopted more widely and I certainly don't have the luxury
of teaching out of them. Carl

I can't help but respond to this. I find it disturbing that quality is seen as a luxury. I would bet lots of money that the committee members don't understand the material enough to see the utility in a better approach.

...then again what do I know...

Cheers,
Joe Heafner - Instructional Astronomy and Physics
Home Page http://users.vnet.net/heafnerj/index.html
I don't have a Lexus, but I do have a Mac. Same thing.