Re: Lazy?

Rick wrote in part:

I think we should think about assignments in terms of
RESPONSIBILITY. When
one is a student, that is one's 'job' at that point in time.
In taking on
the role of student, one has responsibilities much akin to that of an
employee in almost any job or profession. One of those
responsibilities
includes doing the assignments in courses. If, as a student,
I don't do the
assignment, then I must face the consequences--lower grade and perhaps
failure in the course. It's that simple.

It is really counter-productive (IMO) to start second-guessing

Except for students who are in situations similar to what Tina faces: the
students do not have to exactly face the consequences, they have
alternatives through the route of a Dean or a Dept. Head; or student
evalutations, etc.