Re: MentorNet (one woman's response)

Please excuse this cross-posting (in the interest of physics
inter-group synergy and gender equity) to discussion lists with
archives at:

Phys-L <http://lists.nau.edu/archives/phys-l.html>,
PhysLrnR <http://listserv.boisestate.edu/archives/physlrnr.html>,
Physhare <http://lists.psu.edu/archives/physhare.html>,
AP-Physics <http://lyris.ets.org/cgi-bin/lyris.pl?enter=ap-physics>.

In his Phys-L post of 14 Oct 2002 00:10:41-0700 on this thread,
Bernard Cleyet wrote: "Have you read Pythagoras' Trousers?"

My pleas (Hake 2002) for more adequate referencing on discussion list
posts [consistent with Pea's (1999) wild idea that discussion lists
might actually contribute to improving education research and
practice rather than just serving as electronic pubs for exchanging
opinions and tidbits of information] has evidently fallen mostly on
deaf ears (or should I say "bleary eyes").

The Cleyet reference is (Wertheim 1997). See the interesting
commentary by condensed-matter physicist Markowitz (2000).

Likewise in his Phys-L message of 13 Oct 2002 17:18:53-0700 on this