Re: North Pole

Hugh Haskell wrote:

I went over to where a pole stuck in the
ground supposedly marked the point, but was told that that location
was outdated--the pole was actually about 10 meters away from there
at the moment, but was moving enough that it wasn't worth their
effort to keep moving the marker to stay up with it.

I understood at the time that this "wandering" was due to ...

That brings in concept #6. (See #1 through #5 in my previous
post.)

The earth has angular momentum (concept #1) which would be
well-defined even if the earth were a spinning ball of gas
without any land nor even any surface features at all.
The erratic motion of the land surface (#6) relative to
the angular momentum bivector (#1) is separate from the
rather regular 26,000-year precession of the angular momentum
relative to the fixed stars.

This posting is the position of the writer, not that of the NSA, FBI, or
CIA.