On Sun, 22 Sep 2002, Joe Heafner wrote:

From: Michael Bowen <fizzbowen@MINDSPRING.COM>

Just got my own copy of this deceptively thin volume in the mail last week,
after having seen it described in a recent thread here. I will confess that
there is much that is not readily apparent, at least the first time
through. Apparently there is a lot more to vectors than I was ever taught
in six years of college.

I was lost on my first reading over the summer. I'm on my second (third for some chapters) reading and it's beginning to make sense now, especially the difference between covariant and contravariant vectors. I agree that there is a lot about vectors that I was never taught, but I guess I was somehow expected to figure it out. I never did.

I know this doesn't really help, but at least you can feel confident that
you're not alone in the wilderness. :-) I'll be watching to see if anyone
else on the list responds.

We should definitely compare notes.

Cheers,
Joe Heafner - Instructional Astronomy and Physics
Home Page http://users.vnet.net/heafnerj/index.html
I don't have a Lexus, but I do have a Mac. Same thing.

--
"What did Barrow's lectures contain? Bourbaki writes with some
scorn that in his book in a hundred pages of the text there are about 180